The Mission of CSIS is to provide, coordinate, and facilitate the use of information technology resources to the satisfaction of the institution, its stakeholders, improvement and maintenance of the local area network (LAN). We achieve this by being:
- Attend to all administrative issues
- Provide leadership in planning and developing the University information systems
- Using Information Technology in connecting students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders with operational and strategic information resources.
- Provide University-wide support for all computing resources
- Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
- Server hardware provisioning including configuration and deployment
- Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal University systems and data centre system
- Build and deploy virtualization servers for University and data centre environments
- Troubleshooting and support University cyber operations such as websites, SFTP sites, ticketing system sites, test management suite, SMTP services and intranet
- Provide technical support for web developments
- Establish systems standards, policies, and procedures.
- Create and maintain system configuration and work flow diagrams.
- Design and implement security measures against cyber-attack and virus
- Respond to requests for help and information from web site visitors and web site designers
- Working closely with IT project management, database programmers and web developers.